Friday, April 1, 2016

Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross

This book is equal parts good theology, great artwork, and thoughtful story-telling. Carl Laferton has found a way to teach children the gospel by creatively and succinctly presenting the grand narrative of scripture. My children (and I) were mesmerized by the artistic genius of Catalina Echeverri. The Good Book Company has once again struck gold with this addition to their children's books. This is a new family favorite and I am grateful for such good, solid theology in a story book.

The Garden, the Curtain and the CrossThe Garden, the Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My Kids Reviews of this book:

3 yr old: I like the animals. My favorite picture is the garden. I want to read it again.

4 yr old: I liked the book. My favorite picture is when God makes Adam and Eve. He made the animals and everything! I want to read this book all the time!

7 yr old:
This book is about Jesus saving us from our sin. I learned because of sin you can’t go to heaven. But Jesus died on the cross so we can. The most amazing part was when the curtain tore (because God tore it) The pictures in this book are colorful and I like that the people at the end glow.

11 yr old:
In the Garden, The Curtain, and the Cross, this is the story of God’s wonderful world- until sin barged in. I liked how when everything is great in the garden, the illustrator made everything bright and blue and makes everything look happy. However, when Adam and Eve sinned, the illustrator draws the scenery brown and yucky and sad. I would like to re-read this book; it is so amazing! I learned why Jesus died and rose again. I would like to read more books by this author & illustrator. Once a kid picks up this book, they won’t be able to put it down!

Amazon: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross (Hardback $12.98)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...